Thursday, January 13, 2011

From JFK airport

I have a 6+ hour layover in NY after an uneventful flight from PDX. But I did learn some things on my flight...
1. Noise canceling headphones are great for canceling the general airplane rumble noise, but not so great canceling screaming baby noise.
2. Big people take up lots of room, I should know as I sat next to one.
3. When sitting in an aisle seat at the back of the plane all 200 passengers bump into you over the course of the flight when they make their journey to the bathroom.
4. The inflatable back support loaned to me by Tammy was invaluable.
5. It takes a long time to get out of a packed airplane when you are near the last row, especially when you really want to get out.
6. It will all be worth it when I arrive and finally get to walk where Jesus walked!

Love you all, thanks for your prayers!!!

4 comments:

  1. Once you arrive you will forget your airplane ride..until it is time to get back on! :) Have a great time and be safe!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh the joy of flying. Soon you will be rested and in the land of our Savior! May God speed your travel and may you sit by someone slimmer on your next leg of your travels!
    - Doug

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blessings and prayers as you travel. Looking forward to hearing all about it!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I hope the 2nd flight is a little more spacious. Good thing that your coping skills are better than most! I wonder what the male/female ratio was for those trips to the back of the plane; sounds like a potential research project?!
    Looking forward to hearing about hotel (did the guy who checks you in really wear the gold pillbox hat?) and more important, your trip to Bethlehem. Do you want me to email you your Christmas Eve message? Could come in handy. :)
    Michael's bball team lost by 2 in overtime last night. Varsity lost by 7. Be safe!! Love, Mary

    ReplyDelete